ITEC Indian Head Massage
- You’ll be able to carry out professional Indian Head Massage in Britain and internationally.
- Your qualification will be instantly recognisable within the National Health Sector.
- You’ll hold lifelong massage skills to work in a successful practice in a variety of environments.
All about the Course
You will hold a highly acclaimed Indian Head Massage qualification when you study with Richdales. Our Indian head massage courses adhere to the ITEC QCF (Qualifications Credit Framework) syllabus which was introduced by the UK Government in September 2009. Our Indian Head Massage courses adhere to the latest ITEC syllabus which was introduced by the UK Government in September 2019.
What does this mean for you?
Quite a few important things…
Firstly, your qualification will be automatically registered on the upcoming National Register for Complementary Medicine.
Secondly, you’ll be able to work within the National Health Sector, join any leading professional association and be register with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
And finally (and this is something that many training providers don’t take into account!) you’ll never have any problems getting your qualification recognised in the future!
What you learn now will give you all the skills you need to practise Indian Head Massage in any environment that you choose.
So what exactly will you learn?
You will learn the principles of Ayurvedic medicine, how to assess the Ayurvedic Doshas and the benefits of Ayurvedic Oils. You will also learn Marma points on the head and face as well as performing and adapting Indian head massage techniques correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your clients.
You will be able to confidently identify factors that may influence your treatment objectives as well as provide clear recommendations to your client. You will learn when and how to treat a person holistically, and also importantly when not to treat. You will also learn how to build your professional practice ethically.
You will also learn to perform the treatment without any oils so that it can be used as therapeutic head, neck and shoulder massage in a corporate environment. As the treatment does not require any special equipment (apart from an ordinary chair) it is the ideal treatment to take into a working office environment as well as a treatment that can be easily performed at exhibitions, fairs etc. (These are great places to promote your practice, by the way!).
Our Indian Head Massage courses boast a 100% pass rate!
Courses Designed For You.
We take a maximum of 12 students per class. You get that individual attention at Richdales!
Take a look at our timetables and you will notice a big difference to most other courses.
And that one distinction is that our timetables are structured around you.
We’ve been teaching Indian Head Massage courses in West London for over 30 years and we know that many of you will be looking for a professional course that fits around your other commitments.
That’s why we run the course over 4 Days over 2-3 months. This gives you plenty of time to understand the material being taught without having the put the rest of your life on hold.
We also recognise that student feedback is our most valuable resource.
So, we structure our courses around what is proven to work best for the majority of our students.
If you want to develop a career in Indian Head Massage (or even just a hobby) and are worried about a lack of time, don’t be! We respect that many of our students have jobs, commitments and busy schedules. So, we run our courses over a period of time that will allow you to develop your skill so that you can treat your clients successfully and with confidence!
It is this commitment that has enabled us to hold a proven track record in helping students become professional Indian Head Massage therapists.
But don’t just take our word for it. Read what our students have to say or come and watch an actual class in progress and meet some of our current students.
Curious to find out more? Contact us now for a friendly chat.
You will receive:
- ITEC Level 3 Indian Head Massage (UK Accreditation: 603/4070/8)
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Indian Head Massage
Who the course is for:
- Practitioner wanting to become fully qualified Indian Head Massage Therapist and practice professionally in private practice or with the NHS and set up their own practice or work in a multidiscplinary or corporate environment.
- Healthcare Professionals who wish to add to their skills.
- Practitioners who want to develop and expand their career in Complementary Medicine.
There are no academic prerequisites for enrolling on our ITEC Indian Head Massage Course. We take students from absolute beginner to professional level. However, you must have fluency in written and spoken English and be a minimum of 18 years of age. The one vital element all our students must possess is the commitment necessary to complete the course.
Results and Feedback:
For over 30 years, Richdales has been training professional Indian Head Massage practitioners and we know that our approach is highly effective.
In a survey of our students who completed their ITEC Indian Head Massage course with us at Richdales this Academic Year:
- 100% of the students rated their course as Excellent (50%) or Very Good (50%).
- 100% of the students rated their tutors and their teaching ability as Excellent (50%)or Very Good (50%) and would recommend the Course
Clear, concise, friendly, professional: September 2020
Excellent teachers, with great knowledge. Good learning environment: September 2020
Very experienced and dedicated tutor: September 2020
Excellent: September 2020
Good course: September 2020
Loved all aspects of the course: September 2020
Good class size and good teacher.: July 2020
Good teachers and this tutor is informative.: July 2020
Great training and teachers.: July 2020
Teacher was clearly very experienced and knowledgeable.: July 2020
Upcoming ITEC Indian Head Massage Dates, Venues and Fees:
ITEC Level 3 Indian Head Massage
The full Course Fees include:
- Registration, Tuition and Full Professional Training
- Course Practical & Theory Manuals and Home Study Materials
- Clinical 'Getting started' Pack
- Access to Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment
- Richdales Institute Examination Fees
- One year's Free Membership of the Postgraduate Association
Light refreshments are available throughout the day with the Institute's compliments
- Sun 12 June 2022
- Sun 17 July 2022
- Sat & Sun 30/31 July 2022
Tube: East Acton, White City
Satnav: W12 0HS (Free Parking)
Classes start at 9:30am and finish at 5.30pm.
One payment discounted course fees:
Or easy payment plan:
Booking fee (payable now): £200.00
First payment (payable 1 month before course start): £200.00
Total payable: £400.00
All fees include VAT at the current rate of 20%
Nanette Wray BA (Hons) MCTHA MCHNC MIFL
Nanette is overall responsible for the Indian Head Massage students. Nanette teaches the Indian Head Massage modules and will be one of the Institute Examiners.
Some of the topics covered on the course include
- Anatomy & Physiology of head, neck and shoulders.
- Diseases & disorders of head, neck and shoulders.
- Principles of Indian Head Massage.
- History, theory and development of Indian Head Massage
- How to identify the 3 types of Doshas – Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Classical massage movements.
- How to perform an effective Indian Head Massage.
- Physiological and psychological effects of Indian Head Massage.
- Beneficial qualities and selection of particular oils.
- Use of different oils for specific Doshas.
- Use of different oils for specific skin, scalp and hair types.
- Contra – indications to Indian Head Massage.
- Methods of consultation.
- Create, evaluate and review Indian Head Massage treatment – programmes.
- Advanced massage techniques.
- Hygiene and client care.
- Professionalism and ethics.
- Setting up in practice.
- Introduction to Acupressure points of the head, neck and shoulders.
- Marma points of the Head, Face and Arms.
- Introduction to Chakras (energy centres)
- How to look after yourself as a therapist.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Got some questions that need answering? Take a look through our commonly asked questions below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call or send us an email and we’ll be happy to help.
I want to learn about Indian head massage to start a new hobby. Can I still join the course?
Most of our students are either complete beginners who want to develop a professional career in Indian Head Massage or qualified Massage Practitioners, Reflexologists or Aromatherapists who looking to further develop and expand their skills in Complementary Medicine.
The Course does not require any formal prior qualifications and will enable you to practice professionally in the UK, as well as, other parts of the world.
If however you do not want to practise professionally but just want to be able to treat friends and family as a hobby and you want the best training available then we look forward to you joining the course.
Do I need to bring a model with me?
No. We provide all the equipment you need for the course.
Do I need any qualifications to get on the course?
No. You do not need any prior qualifications to undertake the Course. The Course is structures to take you from absolute beginner right up to professional level.
Are the course tutors fully qualified?
Absolutely! Our tutors are all experts in their fields with vast knowledge and experience. For your added benefit, you’ll be taught by a different expert for each specific sector of the course. There’s not a stone left un-turned at Richdales. You’re guaranteed of the best learning experience available.
Is there additional support available if I need it?
Yes. One of the advantages of studying with us is there are opportunities for you come in for additional support outside of your scheduled attendance weekends if necessary. We are here to support you as much as you need us.
How can I pay?
It’s up to you - you can pay by cash, bank transfer or cheque. Or, to make things even easier for you, we also take debit or credit card payment without additional charges.
If you’d prefer, you can spread the cost of your training by paying us in agreed regular instalments. If, on the other hand, you wish to pay in one payment you can receive a significant discount.
When can I start my course?
Our courses start in the September, January and April of each Academic Year. Take a look at our course dates and select the date that suits you.