Our Sports Massage Courses London:
ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage (including ITEC Diploma in Massage)
Start Learning Today
Get immediate access to the Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment and start learning now when you choose the one-payment discounted course fee option.
What You'll Achieve On Our ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage Course
- You’ll gain a recognised qualification that will allow you to practise professional sports massage in many areas of the world.
- You’ll hold all the skills you need to develop a successful massage career in the Sport and Active Leisure sector
- You’ll also gain the ITEC QCF Diploma in Holistic Massage, allowing you to practise as a massage therapist even before you complete your Sports Massage training
- You’ll be in the position to further build on your career with Diploma courses such as Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage or CPD courses such as Advanced Massage Techniques and Hands Free Massage Techniques.
We have a 100% success rate. What’s stopping you from escaping the rat race and building your dream career?
The Best Sports Massage Training for the Best Success
(Including ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage, Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology and Business Practice, Health, Safety & Hygiene modules)
(If you already hold a recognised massage qualification you can undertake the sports massage modules only.)
If you’re like most of our students, you’ll want to start reaping the benefits of your new qualification straight away. And rightly so! That’s why we ensure that our sports massage courses adhere to the very latest Qualifications Credit Framework syllabus.
What this means is you’ll be able to join any of the leading associations and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council as soon as you’re qualified!
On top of this, when the Government establishes a National Register for Complementary Medicine, your qualification in sports massage will be automatically recognised.
The qualification you gain through Richdales will ensure that you are in a position to build a successful career in sports massage both now and in the future.
Read what our students have to say on the Results/Feedback tab.
So what exactly will you learn on the course?
You will learn a range of accurate subjective and objective assessment and examination methods. This will include postural analysis, active and passive ranges of motion, strength and flexibility testing, functional testing and palpation; all enabling you to perform and adapt your sports massage treatment correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your clients.
You will learn how to devise different sports massage strategies for pre-event, during event and post-event treatments. You will also be confident in developing corrective and preventative strategies as well as using thermotherapy and cryotherapy when clinically indicated. You will be able to integrate the sports massage techniques so that you can practise professionally as a solo practitioner in a gym or as a member of a sports team in a multidisciplinary setting.
You will be able to confidently identify factors that may influence your treatment objectives as well as provide clear recommendations to your client. You will learn when and how to treat a person and also importantly when not to treat. You will also learn how to build an ethical and professional practice.
For students who don’t hold a recognised massage qualification, you’ll benefit from having the Anatomy & Physiology and Massage training integrated into the course. You will be a fully qualified professional massage practitioner approximately halfway through your course! This will enable you start earning an income from your massage qualification whilst you complete your Sports Massage qualification.
In addition to all of this, you’ll benefit from having different teachers teaching their individual areas of passion and expertise rather than one teacher teaching you all the elements of the course.
Frustrated with your 9-5 job? Looking for a rewarding and exciting career? Check availability for our ITEC QFC Diploma in Sports Massage course on the Dates/Venues/Fees/Enrol tab.
A Course Structured For Your Success
Not a single student of ours has ever failed their Sports Massage Diploma. And one of the reasons for this is our commitment to offering the very best learning structure.
Like many of our students, you will have commitments outside of your Diploma course. We respect that, so we’ve created a course structure to suit your lifestyle.
The course is run from our West London training centres over 13 attendance slots, taking approximately 1 year to give you enough time to understand the material being taught and learn how to perform sports massage treatments competently and professionally.
The first 2 attendance slots are closer together so that you have enough of the practical training so that you can go away and start practising pretty much from the get-go. (You’ll also have detailed manuals and videos to help you further.)
From listening to student feedback, we have found that this is the structure that works best for most students.
Our sports massage class sizes are strictly limited to 10 to ensure that you receive the one-on-one attention you need to maximise your full potential.
You are the essence of our business; not just another name on the books!
Thinking about enrolling? Check out availability on our next courses on the Dates/Venues/Fees/Enrol tab.
You will receive:
- ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Massage
- ITEC QCF Certificate in Sports Massage
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Sports Massage
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
Who the course is for:
- People wanting to become fully qualified Sports Massage Therapists and practice professionally in private practice in the Health & Active Leisure Industry, with the NHS or a part of a multidisplinary medical sport team.
- Healthcare Professionals who wish to add to their skills.
- People who want to build a career in Sports Medicine.
There are no academic prerequisites for enrolling on our ITEC QCF Sports Massage Course. We take students from absolute beginner to professional level. However, you must have fluency in written and spoken English and be a minimum of 18 years of age. The one vital element all our students must possess is the commitment necessary to complete the course.
Results and Feedback:
For over 25 years, Richdales has been training professional practitioners and we know that our approach is highly effective.
This is demonstrated by the fact that we have never had a student fail an ITEC Practical or Theory Examination in Sports Massage.
You will learn a lot from this course: March 2020
Anabela Alberto I
It's professional and recommended: March 2020
It's enjoyable! I've learned a new skill, understand how the body works and it's a really good base in which to start a massage career: Marc ... More
Paloma Rivero B
Very engaged and enthusiastic teachers!: February 2020
The tutors were very helpful and always by your side to show you the techniques to get better and do it right!: February 2020
I liked everything about it and I'm sure I'll become a competent practitioner through the course: February 2020
The knowledge of the teachers is recommendable and the approach is convenient for me: January 2020
Very knowledgeable tutors, kind and patient: November 2019
Very professional and great staff: November 2019
The teaching was engaging and easily broke down the process, then re-enforced through group work. Much more accessible than expected: Novemb ... More
Upcoming ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage (including ITEC Diploma in Massage) Dates, Venues and Fees:
ITEC Certificate in Sports Massage
(Including ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage)
The full Course Fees include:
- Registration, Tuition and Full Professional Training
- ITEC Anatomy & Physiology Textbook
- Course Practical & Theory Manuals and Home Study Materials
- Clinical 'Getting started' Pack
- Access to Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment
- Richdales Institute Examination Fees
- One year's Free Membership of the Postgraduate Association
Light refreshments are available throughout the day with the Institute's compliments
Approved Prior Learning?
If you hold a recognised Level 3 qualification in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology or Reflexology you may be exempt from certain units of this Course. This will result in less Attendance days and a consequent reduction in Course fees. If you wish to confirm this please email email@example.com
- Sat & Sun 25/26 September 2021
- Sat 30 October 2021
- Sun 12 December 2021
- Sat & Sun 22/23 January 2022
- Sat 5 February 2022
- Sat & Sun 12/13 February 2022
- Sat 5 March 2022
- Sun 17 April 2022
- Sun 8 May 2022
- Sun 29 May 2022
- Sun 12 June 2022
- Sun 10 July 2022
Tube: East Acton, White City
Satnav: W12 0HS (Free Parking)
Classes start at 9:30am and finish at 5.30pm.
One payment discounted course fees:
Or easy payment plan:
Booking fee (payable now): £395.00
First payment (payable 1 month before course start): £395.00
7 x monthly payments (first payable as course starts): £175.00
Total payable: £2,015.00
All fees include VAT at the current rate of 20%
Some of the topics covered on the course include:
- Anatomy & Physiology of all the body systems
- Legislation and consent to Sports Massage treatment.
- Methods of consultation.
- Common ailments and common Sports Injuries
- Contra-indications to Sports Massage
- Client care
- Hygiene and safety procedures in the clinic.
- Referral procedures
- Create, evaluate and review Sports Massage treatment programmes.
- First aid procedures for the clinic.
- Management and public relations
- Setting up in practice.
- How to look after yourself as a therapist
- History, theory, development and philosophy of Body Massage.
- Classical massage movements.
- How to perform an effective Full Body Massage.
- Physiological and psychological effects of massage.
- The Holistic Approach – treating the whole person.
- Introduction to other Complementary Therapies.
- Perform subjective assessments and examination techniques
- Perform objective assessments and examination techniques
- Postural analysis and palpation
- Functional testing
- Active, Passive and Resisted Ranges of Motion
- Strength and Flexibility testing
- Devise and evaluate Sports Massage Strategies
- Devise Pre–event, During event and Post-event Sports Massage strategies
- Devise Preventative, Corrective and Conditioning Sports Massage strategies
- Specific Sports Massage Techniques such as Connective Tissue Management (CTM), Cross friction, Soft tissue release (STR), Proprioreceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) etc ...
- Thermotherapy and Cryotherapy
Frequently Asked Questions:
Got a few questions you want answering before you enrol on your course?
Don’t scratch your head; we’ve answered some of the most common questions below.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch. We’re on the other end of the phone and ready to help you in any way we can.
What career prospects are there for sports massage therapists?
Sports massage therapists are gaining an increasingly huge amount of recognition in the UK. This has led to a wide range of businesses, sports clubs and individuals seeking their services. Our sports massage graduates have gone on to build very successful careers, including some in the following areas: lecturing, sports injury clinics, private practices and dance schools.
Do I need to purchase other text books for your courses?
No, all the necessary study material, including text books, online material and course notes will be provided.
What sort of clients can I expect when I qualify?
Contrary to what many people assume, sports massage therapists do not just treat athletes. Anyone, regardless of their fitness level, may benefit from sports massage. Your clients may be musicians, gardeners, manual workers, dancers or even those who just require a deeper massage.
Does sports massage hurt?
Although sports massage is a deep tissue massage, it doesn’t have to be painful. You will be taught professional techniques that are specifically designed to restore normal resting tone in injured muscles or those that are in spasm. With some treatments, your clients may feel a degree of discomfort when you apply pressure to these tissues, but most people find sports massage to be an enjoyable and relieving experience.
Will an ITEC Certificate in Sport Massage enable me to practise professionally?
Absolutely! Your sports massage qualification will enable you to practise professionally here in the UK and in many other parts of the world.
Do I need any qualifications to get on the course?
No. The course is designed to take you from an absolute beginner level right up to a professional level.
We offer an alternative course for those of you who already hold a recognised massage qualification.
How do I know if this is the right Course for me?
Talk to us. We are always happy to help you find the right course of action – even if this means recommending something other than our courses!
We really do have your best interests at heart, so get in touch for a friendly chat.
What happens if I fail my examinations?
It’s extremely unlikely that this will happen. We have never had a student fail an ITEC Theory or Practical Examination in Massage or Sports Massage. You will be very well prepared for your examinations.
Because we have new courses starting throughout the year, if you are struggling, there will be opportunities for you come in for additional support outside of your scheduled lessons if necessary. And of course, we are here to support you throughout your studies and beyond.
When can I start and how do I pay?
Once you’re ready to enrol, check out our Course Dates and choose the course that is most convenient for you!
You can pay for your training by cash, cheque or bank transfer. You can also pay by via debit or credit card (without any additional charges!).
To make things easier for you, you can spread the cost of your training by paying in regular payments.
If, however, you want to pay in one payment you can receive a significant discount.