Our Aromatherapy Course London:
ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy (Including ITEC Diploma in Massage)
Laila Ann M
The practical teamwork was great. The course is full of theory and practical assignments
This course exceeded my expectations
Knowledgeable tutors. Great place. Nice size class
I would highly recommend. Highly knowledgeable and supportive teacher!
I really loved the different ways of learning, reading, group work. Practical work is really a nice combination. Learning has been really fun today, I am really looking forward to my other classes. Corina was amazing at helping me and Dr. Rishi was really supportive
Start Learning Today
Get immediate access to the Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment and start learning now when you choose the one-payment discounted course fee option.
Our Course Goals For You:
- To take you from absolute beginner right up to professional level as a Massage Therapist and Aromatherapist (you will receive 2 Diplomas – the ITEC Diploma in Massage and the ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy). if you already hold a recognised Massage qualification please see our ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy Course for qualified Massage Practitioners here)
- After completing your ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy, you’ll be able to practise Aromatherapy professionally in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world (even if you’ve never studied Aromatherapy before!)
- You'll learn the skills to build a successful practice in a variety of environments from a solo practice to a multidisciplinary environment to the corporate environment
- You can go on to develop you career further with Diploma Courses such as Sports Massage, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage or CPD courses such as Advanced Massage Techniques, Lotions & Potions, Making your own Aromatherapy products etc. And, as a member of the Richdales Post-Graduate Association, you will receive a discount on the price of CPD courses.
Why Our Aromatherapy Training Is A Step Above:
Our job isn’t just to provide you with the best teaching but also a highly acclaimed and instantly recognisable qualification. When you study with us, you will come away with the very best Aromatherapy qualification available – and one that will always be recognised.
How can we guarantee this?
We stringently ensure that our Aromatherapy courses follow the very latest ITEC syllabus which the Government introduced in September 2019.
This is central to your success.
Put simply, it means:
- Your qualification in Aromatherapy will be automatically recognised when the Government establishes a National Register for Complementary Medicine.
- You’ll be able to work within the NHS
- As soon as you’re qualified, you’ll be able to join any of the leading independent professional associations and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council.
Not a single student of ours has failed their Aromatherapy examinations in over 30 years. Enrol now and you could be our next big success story.
So what will you learn when you join the course?
One of the major benefits of learning with Richdales is that you’ll have different teachers teaching their individual areas of passion and expertise.
This is teaching at its finest!
You’ll discover how to confidently perform a full Aromatherapy treatment and incorporate all the classical Massage and Aromatherapy techniques.
You will be confident in explaining the taxonomy, nomenclature, significant chemical constituents, therapeutic actions, most beneficial methods of use and safety data for over 60 essential oils. This will enable you to blend the essential oils appropriately and perform and adapt your Aromatherapy treatment techniques correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your clients.
On top of this, you’ll learn other methods of application such as inhalation and compresses and you’ll be able to confidently identify factors that may influence your treatment objectives.
And if that’s not enough, you’ll also be a fully qualified professional Massage Practitioner halfway through your Course! Because we integrate Anatomy & Physiology and Massage into the Aromatherapy course, you’ll be able to start earning an income from your Massage qualification whilst you complete you Aromatherapy qualification.
(If you already hold a recognised Massage qualification you can undertake the Aromatherapy module only).
Interested in finding out more? Why not come in, take a look at a real lesson in progress and chat to some of our existing students. Contact us now and we’ll get it arranged.
A Course Structure to Suit You:
It’s not just what you teach, but how you teach it that makes the difference. That’s why you’ll be in a class of no more than twelve students to ensure that you get individual attention and tuition.
We have really listened to student feedback over the three decades that we’ve been teaching our Aromatherapy course. And we’ve created a course structure to maximise your learning potential and fit around your existing schedule.
When you learn with us, you’ll never be expected to ‘drop tools’ and cram your learning into a short period of time. The majority of you will have commitments outside of your Aromatherapy course. We fully respect this, so your course will be run over 13 attendance sessions at our London training venues over approximately 1 year. This will give you ample time to fully understand the course material and competently and professionally perform a full Aromatherapy treatment.
The first 2 attendance sessions are closer together so that you have enough of the practical sequence to go away and start practising with the help of our detailed manuals and resources on the virtual learning environment.
The remaining lessons will take place at regular dates to give you the time to practice your Aromatherapy techniques and blending and undertake your home study.
Our course has been structured around the people who really matter - you.
It’s our commitment to our students that has enabled our 100% pass rate. We don’t just meet standards, we set them.
Want to join our team of successful students or just want to find out more? Enrol online now or contact us to find out more - we’re always happy to help.
You will receive:
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage (UK Government Accreditation: 603/4092/7)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy (UK Government Accreditation: 603/4098/8)
- Richdales Institiute Diploma in Holistic Massage
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
Who the course is for:
- People wanting to become fully qualified Aromatherapists and practice professionally in private practice or with the NHS and set up their own practice or work in a multidisciplinary or corporate environment.
- People with an interest in Aromatherapy.
- People who would like to formulate and develop their own products utilising essential oils.
- Healthcare Professionals who wish to add to their skills.
- People who want to build a career in Complementary Medicine.
There are no academic prerequisites for enrolling on our ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy. We take students from absolute beginner to professional level. However, you must have fluency in written and spoken English and be a minimum of 18 years of age. The one vital element all our students must possess is the commitment necessary to complete the course.
Results and Feedback:
For over 30 years, Richdales has been training professional Aromatherapists and we know that our approach is highly effective.
This is demonstrated by the fact that we have never had a student fail an ITEC Practical or Theory Examination in Aromatherapy.
In a survey of our students who completed their ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy with us at Richdales this Academic Year:
- 100% of the students rated their course as Excellent
- 100% of the students rated their tutors and their teaching ability as Excellent and would recommend the Course
I would highly recommend. Highly knowledgeable and supportive teacher!: October 2020
Tutor highly knowledgeable, always very well prepared, always provides useful lessons.: October 2020
Excellent.: October 2020
Very good course, excellent teacher.: October 2020
The quality is above my expectation.: October 2020
Very good.: July 2020
Very good.: July 2020
Very good.: July 2020
Excellent.: July 2020
It’s excellent!: July 2020
Upcoming ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy (Including ITEC Diploma in Massage) Dates, Venues and Fees:
Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19)
ITEC in Aromatherapy (Including ITEC Diploma in Massage)
The full Course Fees include:
- Registration, Tuition and Full Professional Training
- ITEC Anatomy & Physiology and Aromatherapy Textbook
- Course Practical & Theory Manuals and Home Study Materials
- Clinical 'Getting started' Pack
- Access to Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment*
- Richdales Institute Examination Fees
- One year's Free Membership of the Postgraduate Association
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certified Course (HSE Compliant)
Light refreshments are available throughout the day with the Institute's compliments
*Get immediate access to the Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment and start learning now when you choose the one-payment discounted course fee option.
Approved Prior Learning?
If you hold a recognised Level 3 qualification in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology or Reflexology you may be exempt from certain units of this Course. This will result in less Attendance days and a consequent reduction in Course fees. If you wish to confirm this please email email@example.com
Course dates (all dates are "in-person"):
All dates below are full "in person" days in the classroom with additional online training.
- Sat & Sun 24/25 February 2024
- Sun 17 March 2024
- Sat 13 April 2024
- Sun 12 May 2024
- Sun 9 June 2024
- Sat 15 June 2024
- Sat & Sun 29 / 30 June 2024
- Sun 14 July 2024
- Sat & Sun 21 / 22 September 2024
- Sat & Sun 23 / 24 November 2024
- Sat & Sun 18 / 19 January 2025
- Sat & Sun 22/23 February 2025
Tube: East Acton, White City
Satnav: W12 0HS (Free Parking)
Classes start at 9:30am and finish by 5.30pm.
One payment discounted course fees:
Or easy payment plan:
Booking fee (payable now): £450.00
First payment (payable 1 month before course start): £450.00
7 x monthly payments (first payable as course starts): £245.00
Total payable: £2,615.00
All fees include VAT at the current rate of 20%
Micha Christmann ITEC MGCP
Micha is also responsible for the Aromatherapy students. Micha teaches the Aromatherapy and Business Practice, Health, Safety & Hygiene modules. Micha will be one of the Institute Examiners.
Some of the topics covered on the course include
- Anatomy & Physiology of all the body systems
- History, theory & development of Aromatherapy.
- Aromatherapy massage techniques.
- How to perform an effective Full Body Aromatherapy Massage
- Posture, lymph drainage and pressure points.
- The Holistic Approach – Treating the whole person.
- Introduction to other Complementary Therapies.
- Legislation and consent to Aromatherapy treatment.
- In-depth study of over 60 essential oils.
- Methods of extraction, chemistry, therapeutic effects of essential oils
- Taxonomy and safety data of essential oils
- Carrier oils.
- Methods of consultation.
- Common ailments
- Contra-indications to Aromatherapy
- Client care
- Hygiene and safety procedures in the clinic.
- Referral procedures
- Create, evaluate and review Aromatherapy treatment programmes.
- First aid procedures for the clinic.
- Management and public relations
- Setting up in practice.
- How to look after yourself as an Aromatherapist
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some questions we often get asked by prospective students. Can’t find the answers you’re looking for? Get in touch – we are here to help you in any way we can.
Can I get additional support from tutors if I need it?
Yes. We are here to help you through every aspect of your studies – this includes providing you with support outside of your scheduled lessons if necessary. Not one of our students has failed their ITEC examinations in Massage or Aromatherapy in over 30 years. We have a proven track record in helping our students to succeed.
What format is the Aromatherapy course taught in?
The course is packed full of information, just like a traditional course, but with lots of added video material that you can use at home. We are here to help you from the very first time you come through our doors. We will support you with your studies and point you in the right direction for research.
You can even come in and watch an actual class in progress and chat to some of our existing students with no obligation to take anything further: Try Us Out
You can also arrange an appointment with our Courses Director to discuss any questions you may have. Our goal is to make sure you decide on the course of action that’s right for you – even if this means not taking one of our courses. We’ll always be completely honest with you from day one.
Will an ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy enable me to practise professionally?
Yes. Once you complete your Aromatherapy course, you will be able practise professionally in the UK and other parts of the world. Our course is specially structured so that you can start practising Massage professionally approximately half way through. This will enable you to earn an income from your Massage qualification whilst you are completing your Aromatherapy training.
English is not my first language. Can I still take the course?
Anyone over the age of 18 can take our Aromatherapy course. We do recommend that you have a good understanding of the English language to ensure you fully understand the material being taught.
What qualifications do I need to get on the course?
None! Our Aromatherapy course will take you from beginner to professional level. Some of our students have completed their Diploma courses in their late 60’s. Your existing qualifications are irrelevant. As long as you have an interest in Aromatherapy and an enthusiasm to succeed, you will do well!
Can I pay for the course in instalments?
Yes, you can spread the cost of your course. However, you can receive a large discount by paying in full.
We accept debit or credit card payments (without additional charges) or you can pay by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
When can I start my course?
It’s up to you! Take a look at our timetable and select a convenient date.