For full details and to enrol, click on the Dates/Venue/Fees/Enrol tab below
A Course That Works For Your Goals:
Your career goals are central to our course syllabus. Our aims for you as a qualified massage therapist are:
- To enable you to develop your career and client base by becoming a professional aromatherapist.
- To give you the opportunity to practise professional aromatherapy in a wide range of countries.
- To provide you with the skills and expertise to develop your practice in a way that suits your aspirations.
- To offer you a solid foundation on which you can further develop your career with other courses. This may include a diploma in Reflexology, Sports Massage, Indian Head Massage or our popular range of CPD courses.
More and more people are seeking aromatherapy as an alternative therapy. Enrol today to add this popular service to your list of skills.
Only the Best Will Do at Richdales!
As a qualified massage therapist, you’ll inevitably want to gain the very best qualification available if you choose to add aromatherapy to your list of services. You are guaranteed of that when you study at Richdales.
Our aromatherapy courses strictly adhere to the latest ITEC Qualifications Credit Framework syllabus. This means you’ll never have any problems getting your qualification recognised.
As soon as you’re qualified, you’ll be in the position to join any of the leading independent professional associations and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council.
And there’s more good news! When the Government establishes a National Register for Complementary Medicine, your qualification in aromatherapy will be automatically recognised. You’ll also be able to work within the National Health Sector.
So what will you learn on the course?
You’ll discover how to perform a full aromatherapy treatment with confidence, incorporating all the classical aromatherapy techniques. Your new qualification will enable you to offer a popular treatment in addition to your massage treatments. Another string to your bow!
The course is delivered from our London training venues and will give you confidence in explaining the taxonomy, nomenclature, significant chemical constituents, therapeutic actions, most beneficial methods of use and safety data for over 60 essential oils. You’ll be fully able to blend essential oils appropriately and perform and adapt your treatment techniques to meet the individual needs of your clients.
You’ll also learn about other methods of application such as inhalation and compresses.
As a qualified massage therapist, you know the importance of understanding when and how to treat a person holistically. During your aromatherapy course, you’ll learn how to identify factors that may influence your treatment plans.
Everything you’re taught on the course will help you strengthen your existing skills and career in the complimentary therapy sector.
Ready to add a new and exciting service to your list? Enrol today!
Designed For Success
As a qualified massage therapist, you’ll be looking for a course that fits around your lifestyle. We understand that. And that is why we continually update and refine our course structure with the latest developments in the field and feedback from our students
Our aromatherapy course has been taught for over 25 years and we have never had a student fail! We base a lot of this success on our positive and proactive relationships with our students.
So how does the course work?
You’ll attend 6 attendance slots over 6 months in one of our West London training centres. This will give you sufficient time to fully understand the course material, confidently perform a full aromatherapy treatment and of course, get you fully prepared for your examinations!
Our aromatherapy classes are strictly limited to 10 students to ensure that you get that critical individual attention.
People are seeking aromatherapy treatment more and more frequently. Make sure it’s you they come to by studying at Richdales.
Enrol today and take that exciting first step to success.
You will receive:
- ITEC QCF Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Aromatherapy
Who the course is for:
- Massage practictioners wanting to become fully qualified Aromatherapists and practice professionally in private practice or with the NHS and set up their own practice or work in a multidisciplinary or corporate environment
- Massage practictioners with an interest in Aromatherapy.
- Massage practictioners who woudl like to formulate and develop their own products using essential oils.
- Massage practictioners who want to build a career in Complementary Medicine.
You must hold a recognised Massage Qualification (ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage or equivalent).
This comprehensive course is designed to provide you with the highest level of understanding of aromatherapy and advanced skills as a professional therapist. Some of the topics we cover include:
- The study of the anatomy and physiology of all systems in the body
- The history, concept and growth of aromatherapy
- How to carry out a professional full body aromatherapy massage
- Posture, pressure points and lymph drainage
- The concept and performance of holistic therapy
- Overview of other complementary therapies
- Legislation and consent to treatment
- Comprehensive teaching of at least 60 essential oils
- Means of extraction, chemistry and therapeutic effects of essential oils
- The study of carrier oils
- Consultation processes
- The study of common ailments
- The examination of contra-indications to aromatherapy
- Methods of client care
- Hygiene and health and safety procedures in the clinic
- The procedures for client referrals
- How to devise, assess and review treatment plans
- First aid in the clinic
- PR, marketing and management
- Help, advice and proven tips for setting up a successful practice.
- Self-care as a professional aromatherapist.
For over 25 years, Richdales has been training professional practitioners and we know that our approach is highly effective.
This is demonstrated by the fact that we have never had a student fail an ITEC Practical or Theory Examination in Aromatherapy.
In a survey of our students who completed their ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy with us at Richdales this Academic Year (2012 -2103):
- 100% of the students rated their course as Excellent
- 100% of the students rated their tutors and their teaching ability as Excellent and would recommend the Course
Most Popular Questions:
Below are some of the most common questions we get asked from prospective students. Can’t find the answers you’re looking for? Get in touch and we’ll see to your queries personally.
What types of people join the course?
Qualified massage practitioners who are looking to develop their skills and careers by undertaking a professional aromatherapy course. You will be in a class of like-minded professionals who aspire to develop their careers in a similar way to you.
What happens if I can't attend the training dates?
We strongly recommend that you try your best to attend all training sessions. However, we understand that life is full of unexpected events. If you miss a lesson, let us know and we will do our very best to help you catch up.
What is the difference between aromatherapy oil and essential oil?
“Aromatherapy oil” is usually a 2% dilution of an essential oil in 98% almond or grape seed oil. This “aromatherapy oil” is simply a massage oil presented in a bottle that looks exactly like the ones normally containing undiluted pure essential oil.
Do I require any qualifications to get on the course?
Yes. This course is specifically designed for qualified massage practitioners only (you must hold the ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage or equivalent). We do offer a course for students who have not yet completed their ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage.
Can I speak to someone before I enrol?
Of course! Please get in touch with us with any questions you have. We are here to help you find the best way forwards, whatever that may be. You can also arrange a personal phone call with our Courses Director to discuss any questions you may have on an individual basis.
Am I able to watch a class before I make my decision?
Absolutely! Give us a call on 020 8900 9005 and we will arrange for you to sit in on an actual class in progress. You’ll be able to meet the teachers and current students of the institute, see our professional venues and ask any questions you may have.
I am worried about failing my examinations...
We have a proven track record in helping massage therapists become professional aromatherapists. In over 25 years we have never had a student fail an ITEC Theory or Practical Examination in Aromatherapy. You will be exceptionally well prepared for your examinations.
If, for any reason, you feel you need extra support, there will be opportunities for you to come in outside of your scheduled attendance slots.
We are here to help you in every way we can.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payments by cash, card, cheque or bank transfer. (We don’t apply any additional charges for card payments.)
Can I spread the cost of my training?
Yes, you can spread the cost of your training by making regular payments. However you can receive a significant discount by paying in full.
When can I start my course?
We have courses starting in September and April every academic year. Take a look at our Course Dates and select the course that is most suited to you!
Micha Christmann ITEC MGCP
Kate Mulliss BSc (Hons) MSc PGCE MAR MIFA
Course dates are shown below. Click on selected date for full details
- Sat & Sun 14/15 April 2018
- Sat & Sun 19/20 May 2018
- Sat & Sun 23/24 June 2018
- Sat & Sun 28/29 July 2018
- Sat & Sun 08/09 September 2018
- Sat & Sun 13/14 October 2018
Tube: East Acton, White City
Satnav: W12 0HS (Free Parking)
Classes start at 9:30am and finish at 5.30pm.
Full Course Fees:
ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy (for those holding a qualification in Massage)
The full Course Fees include:
- Registration, Tuition and Full Professional Training
- ITEC Aromatherapy Textbook
- Course Practical & Theory Manuals and Home Study Materials
- Clinical 'Getting started' Pack
- Access to Richdales Institute Virtual Learning Environment
- Richdales Institute Examination Fees
- One year's Free Membership of the Postgraduate Association
Light refreshments are available throughout the day with the Institute's compliments
One-payment discounted course fees: £1,295.00
Easy payment plan:
- Booking fee (payable now): £365.00
- First payment (payable 1 month before course start): £365.00
- 5 x monthly payments (first payable as course starts): £136.00
- Total payable: £1,410.00
All fees include VAT at the current rate of 20%