For full details and to enrol, click on the Dates/Venue/Fees/Enrol tab below
- to take you from a professional Massage Practitioner up to a professional Aromatherapist
- enable you to practise Aromatherapy professionally in the UK and other parts of the world
- learn the skills to build a successful practice in a variety of environments from a solo practice to a multidisciplinary environment to the corporate environment
- you can go on to develop you career further with Diploma Courses such as Sports Massage, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage or CPD courses such as Advanced Massage Techniques, Lotions & Potions, Making you own Aromatherapy products etc ...
In order to ensure you get the best Aromatherapy qualification available (and don’t have any problems with the recognition of your Aromatherapy qualification in the future) our Aromatherapy Courses follow the latest ITEC QCF (Qualifications Credit Framework) syllabus which was introduced by the UK Government in September 2009 (and revised in September 2012).
This means that when the Government establishes a National Register for Complementary Medicine your qualification in Aromatherapy will be automatically recognised and you are able to work within the National Health Sector. Once qualified you will be able to join any of the leading independent professional associations and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council.
You will learn how to perform a full Aromatherapy treatment confidently incorporating all the classical aromatherapy techniques , so that you can practise professionally as solo practitioner or as a member of a team in a multidisciplinary setting.
You will be confident in explaining the taxonomy, nomenclature, significant chemical constituents, therapeutic actions, most beneficial methods of use and safety data for over 60 essential oils. This will enable you to blend the essential oils appropriately and perform and adapt your Aromatherapy treatment techniques correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your client.
In addition to learning how to use over 60 Essential Oils in an Aromatherapy Massage you will also learn other method of application such as inhalation, compresses etc …
You will be able to confidently identify factors that may influence your treatment objectives as well as provide clear recommendations to your client. You will learn when and how to treat a person holistically, and also importantly when not to treat. You will also learn how to build you professional practise ethically.
You gain from having different teachers teaching their individual areas of passion and expertise rather than one teacher teaching you all the elements of the Course.
Our Aromatherapy Course has been taught for over 20 years and is continually being updated and refined with the latest developments in the field and feedback from students.
The course is run over 6 attendance weekends over 6 months to give students enough time to understand the material being taught and perform a full Aromatherapy treatment competently and professionally.
The Attendance Weekends are approximately every 5 weekends to give you the time to practice you Aromatherapy techniques and blending and undertake your home study. Over the years we have found that this is the timeframe that works best for most students.
Our Aromatherapy Class sizes are strictly limited to 10 to ensure that each student receives the individual attention they require to help them learn and succeed.
You will receive:
- ITEC QCF Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Richdales Institute Diploma in Aromatherapy
Who the course is for:
- Massage practictioners wanting to become fully qualified Aromatherapists and practice professionally in private practice or with the NHS and set up their own practice or work in a multidisciplinary or corporate environment
- Massage practictioners with an interest in Aromatherapy.
- Massage practictioners who woudl like to formulate and develop their own products using essential oils.
- Massage practictioners who want to build a career in Complementary Medicine.
You must hold a recognised Massage Qualification (ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage or equivalent).
Some of the topics covered on the course include
- Anatomy & Physiology of all the body systems
- History, theory & development of Aromatherapy.
- Aromatherapy massage techniques.
- How to perform an effective Full Body Aromatherapy Massage
- Posture, lymph drainage and pressure points.
- The Holistic Approach – Treating the whole person.
- Introduction to other Complementary Therapies.
- Legislation and consent to Aromatherapy treatment.
- In-depth study of at least 60 essential oils.
- Methods of extraction, chemistry, therapeutic effects of essential oils
- Carrier oils.
- Methods of consultation.
- Common ailments
- Contra-indications to Aromatherapy
- Client care
- Hygiene and safety procedures in the clinic.
- Referral procedures
- Create, evaluate and review Aromatherapy treatment programmes.
- First aid procedures for the clinic.
- Management and public relations
- Setting up in practice.
- How to look after yourself as a therapist.
For over 25 years, Richdales has been training professional practitioners and we know that our approach is highly effective.
This is demonstrated by the fact that we have never had a student fail an ITEC Practical or Theory Examination in Aromatherapy.
In a survey of our students who completed their ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy with us at Richdales this Academic Year (2012 -2103):
- 100% of the students rated their course as Excellent
- 100% of the students rated their tutors and their teaching ability as Excellent and would recommend the Course
Most Popular Questions:
Will an ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy enable me to practise professionally?
Yes. Completing the Aromatherapy Course will enable you to practice professionally here in the UK and other parts of the world.
What types of people join the course?
Qualified Massage Practitioners who are looking to develop their skills and career by undertaking a Professional Aromatherapy Course.
Do I require any qualifications to get on the course?
Yes. This is Course is for qualified Massage Practitioners only (you must hold the ITEC QCF Diploma in Massage or equivalent).
How do I know if this is the right Course for me ?
Please get in touch with us. We are here to help you find the best way forwards for YOU. (even if it means telling you that our Courses are not the right Course for you)
You can arrange to come and sit-in on a class in progress. This is not an ‘Open Day’ where everything is set up perfectly so that prospective students only get to see the things and students that the training providers want.
We are happy to give you the chance to see an actual class in progress and see first hand the ‘Richdales Institute way’, meet the teachers and current students of the Institute, see our professional Course venues and ask any questions you may have
You can also arrange a personal appointment (which can take place by telephone or in person) with our Courses Director to discuss any questions you may have on an individual basis.
What if I fail my examinations ?
We have a proven track record in helping students become professional Aromatherapists. In over 20 years we have never had a student fail an ITEC Theory or Practical Examination in Aromatherapy. You will be well prepared for your Examinations.
One of the advantages of studying with us is that due to new Courses starting throughout the year there are opportunities for you come in for additional support outside of your scheduled attendance weekends if necessary.
Are the tutors specialists in their field?
Yes ! Our teachers are individually selected not only for their expertise, but being passionate about teaching and helping their students develop. We use a variety of teachers to deliver the Diploma Courses so that you benefit from their individual areas of expertise (although you will always have one teacher who is overall responsible for you).
It is a requirement that all our teachers on our Diploma Courses -
a) have an adult teaching qualification (and therefore demonstrated a competency and proficiency in developing strategies and material for delivering teaching and learning approaches more effectively)
b) are experienced practitioners and still treating patients (so that you can benefit from the daily clinical experience)
c) regularly update their skills (so that you benefit from the latest developments rather than learning outdate theories and models)
How can I pay ?
You can pay by cash, cheque or bank transfer. To make things even easier for you we accept debit or credit card payment as well (without any additional charges).
You can spread the cost of your training by paying in regular payments.
If you want to pay in one payment you can receive a significant discount as well as benefit from our money back guarantee.
When can I start my course?
We have Courses commencing in September and April every Academic Year. Have a look at our Course Dates and choose the Course that is most convenient for you !
Micha Christmann ITEC MGCP
Kate Mulliss BSc (Hons) MSc PGCE MAR MIFA
Course dates are shown below. Click on selected date for full details
- Sat & Sun 23/24 September 2017
- Sat & Sun 28/29 October 2017
- Sat & Sun 25/26 November 2017
- Sat & Sun 13/14 January 2018
- Sat & Sun 17/18 February 2018
- Sat & Sun 17/18 March 2018
Tube: East Acton, White City
Satnav: W12 0HS (Free Parking)
Classes start at 9:30am and finish at 5.30pm.
Course fees with approved Prior Learning Qualification: £0.00
Please enter your Passcode to enable Prior Learning enrolment (you can obtain your passcode by phoning our office).
One-payment discounted course fees: £1,295.00
Easy payment plan:
- Booking fee (payable now): £365.00
- First payment (payable 1 month before course start): £365.00
- 5 x monthly payments (first payable as course starts): £136.00
- Total payable: £1,410.00
All fees include VAT at the current rate of 20%